I understand that by adopting a pet I must comply with the following requirements and Laws. Failure to do so may result in the animal being impounded by the Humane Society of New Braunfels or an Animal Control Division.
The Humane Society will not knowingly provide a sick, injured or an animal with a bad temperament for adoption. However, the Humane Society does not in any way guarantee the health or temperament, of any animal and cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from the adoption.
- I will take my new pet to a veterinarian within 3 days for a check-up. There may be an exam fee charged by the veterinarian. If the animal is ill or dies, for a refund of adoption fee, the "Adoption Contract" and the coupons must be returned within 7 days of adoption. No refunds after 7 days for any reason will be made. If veterinary services were done during the first 7 days of adoption and the animal becomes ill or dies or is brought back the only fees that will be refunded is the adoption fee.
- By the time the animal is 4 months old, I will have it vaccinated against rabies and thereafter every year. This is a state law and is enforced. Failure to comply may result in a fine.
- I will purchase a license according to city ordinances or county regulations. (Rabies certificate must be presented) I will then attach the tag to a proper fitting collar that must be worn at all times. This applies to all dogs and cats.
- I agree to provide adequate food, care, and provide veterinary services in a humane and responsible way. I will not use it as a guard dog, or for breeding purposes. I will furnish my pet with a weather-proof shelter.
- That I do have a fenced in yard, in the cases adopting a dog will be an outside dog for the most part.
- I agree not to sell or trade the animal. If at any time I can no longer care or keep my pet, I agree to find it a proper home and provide the new owner's name, address and phone number to the New Braunfels Humane Society or to return it to a Humane Society. I agree that the Humane Society may investigate the animal's new home and remove the animal if the home is unsuitable, or if the facts given have been purposely misrepresented. I agree to relinquish the animal without making any charge of character.
- I further agree to have my pet spayed/neutered by the date shown on the Adoption Contract. Sterilization of the animal is required under Chapter 828, of the Health and Safety Code and the City of New Braunfels Animal Control Ordinance. Violation of this Chapter is a criminal offense and punishable as a Class C misdemeanor. FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN A FINE UP TO FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00).